PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The ‘Rule Of Law’?
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2021, 21:49
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Whatever the facts if the Sonex...it’s the CAsA heavy punitive and threatening approach that is the problem.
Are CAsA personnel Polismen or Compliance Officers for checking the box ticks. ?
And relating to the industry in a civil manner to deal with ‘safety ‘ issues. Unfortunately not.
Their mind set is toPUNISH, however trivial yr indiscretionl.
And if they take a dislike to some person who may answer back or argue the point...lookout.!

An ex policeman, ( a de-frocked ?Snr Sgt NSW force, mentioned in NSW Hansard regarding NSW Police Boys Clubs, re missing property, money and vehicles...and maybe he,s not guilty of anything) gets a job with CAsA.
Doesn’t say much for HR due diligence in Non Aviation House.

Two weeks later he,s sent on an investigation...not yet certified as aPart 111Investiagotor under the Act section

Obviously well versed in the arts of verballing , he writes up a Statement for a LAME to sign. It contains gross errors of fact.
The assessment of this “investigator” by the LAME and I quote as noted..” Ex pig, new kid on the CAsA block, didn’t know what an MR is or an AD or what the aircraft he was to photograph looked like”.

I got an aggressive call from this person asking for an interview, but blaming me that the issue would now be going to court because I refused to pay the penalty notice fine. I wasn’t guilty as accused.

“If it’s off to court you must have the required info already so why do you need a statement from me....as much as you don’t like it I have a right to remain silent.” That pissed him off and I hung up soon after.

His Statement re the call and “investigation” to be used in Court was a litany of lies.

In the wash up, the court case went tits-up, and one AWI and the ‘ investigator’ were out the door.
By the protective perversions of Smart Aleck, Carmody and co the other 2 AWI survived to do further buggery another day.
16 Furzer St is NOT the place to go for Justice and Due Process.
Its aSh*t Show of the 1st magnitude.