PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA NPA 2020-014 - PPL(H) Revalidation by Experience
Old 8th Mar 2021, 13:53
Wide Mouth Frog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EASA NPA 2020-014 - PPL(H) Revalidation by Experience

This NPA proposes amongst other things a change to PPL(H) revalidation to allow revalidation by experience (flight time plus an instructor session) rather than by proficiency check (flight time plus an examiner checkride)

In theory I'm a supporter because in my experience checkrides were always more revision/teaching than checking.

However this is VERY dependent on instructors taking their responsibilities seriously, and training organisations setting down clear standards that must be achieved. Helicopter emergencies have some rather complex muscle memory sequences that have to be executed in a very short window of opportunity, and that in my opinion puts a greater responsibility on effective revalidation training.

Any FE(H)s or TRE(H)s with a view ? I personally haven't missed my collection of scare rides every year, but then I am retired ! I should imagine current examiners trying to recoup the cost of their ticket might take a different view though, and I can see many of them dropping the authorisation. I wouldn't have thought that there are enough ab-initio PPL(H) tests to go round.