PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comprehensive review
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2021, 11:43
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chugalug2
... As to your own figures, it strikes me that talking about nurses is rather like talking about soldiers, ie of privates and generals all in the same breath. I'd say that any increase in pay in the public sector at the moment, given that many in the private one will move straight from furloughed to unemployed soon enough (if they haven't already!) is a bit of a bonus. Appreciate it if your wife doesn't see this post either, if at all possible :-

Nurse pay up over the past few years but down on 2010 - Full Fact
Agreed! Nursing grading is quite seamless - hence the jump from one Mil Pay Scale to the other. You could run it through from just under 2nd Lt but, in terms of a Nurse on a Ward, I'd see that more in the realms of ORs type work moving into Officer territory later (+ you get better granularity at the lower levels with the OR scale). Just thought it worth seeing what "equivalence" looked like - all be it difficult comparing the 2 - particularly as some of the higher Nursing grades require quite high quals (as in Masters-level Degrees).

That link is interesting re inflation-adjusted values. In the Mil I'm sure we have all seen that at times over the years. Recall one pay rise (early '80's) when I got a nice little rise - but then read the small print re Food and Accom charges also going up. Ahhh, so that's an effective pay cut for H 'n' H then - even before factoring in Inflation! It was only a matter of a few pence but I did feel miffed! Spent quite a lot more than a "few pence" drowning my sorrows in the NAAFI Bar with rest of the the lads that evening!!! Still, with cockroaches living in the Accom Block with us, we felt the rise in Accom charges was wholly justified and should have been far higher!!!

Mrs H 'n' H is, indeed (as am I), glad her job is quite secure in these torrid times. Many local businesses here are wondering what the future holds ..........! And I worry for my eldest who works in Fashion - that's hardly a secure sector in the economy right now.

Originally Posted by Chugalug2
... Appreciate it if your wife doesn't see this post either ....
Me 2!