PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comprehensive review
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2021, 07:20
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Perhaps I am influenced by the media over the Test, Track and Trace, I get accused sometimes of being too far to the right, but my source is every time a minister appears alongside someone like Andrew Marr on the BBC or Nick Ferrari on LBC and all in between including Piers Morgan on GMB, I haven't heard a robust defence of the testing system yet. But of course, any good to come of it gets a thumbs up from me. Ferrari isn't exactly a left-winger, he put it to Nadine Dorris that the government could find £37 billion for a test, track and trace system which didn't work, his words, but could only give the nurses a 1% rise. I understand the financial artesian well we're down the bottom of, upside down likely as well.

If the truth is that the test, track and trace caper has worked then even better, but its just that its the first I've come across this. All the money spent on the pandemic has changed everything that was being planned, the nurses probably should be grateful with a 1% pay rise but I'd have thought someone among the government's advisers, MPs themselves in fact, must have looked at 1% and thought, that just doesn't sound like a nice surprise for the NHS, not after all the clapping and mawkish goings on etc.

FB