PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-3
Thread: Cardiff-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2021, 12:27
Midland Alpha9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welsh Dan I find your comments of People of England etc inappropriate and totally unnecessary. No doubt if the Welsh Government could extract even more funds from the UK government they would gladly accept it and rightly so. Therefore UK citizens have a right to comment on the subject matter. Before you add London to your list of England People interfering I live in South Wales and pay my taxes to Mr Drakeford and his cohorts.

The point CWL 123 makes about the Welsh Government, is a very good one, not allowing the airport to fail is absolutely correct. It is one of the boldest decisions, Drakeford's predecessor made. The infrastructure is vital to the economy of Wales and it's growth post Pandemic and Brexit. In the rest of the UK there are always alternatives but Cardiff is the only international airport in Wales and if it is going to compete on the global stage it needs one fact !

People can keep talking about subsidies, unlevel playing field etc but I have been around aviation long enough to remember all the British and European countries, even today supporting their own flag companies when it suits them.
Cardiff airport is strategically important to the country of Wales