PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaccine Passports
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2021, 21:54
S.o.S.
Son of Slot
Super Senior Moderator

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts
Vaccine Passports

Anticipating threads about the various Vaccine Passports now starting up, I invite all comments (within reason!!) however, I expect that we shall not get much firm news for a while. If I see other detailed comments about these passports in other threads, I might move them in here as that will make it easier for people to search.

Currently, I have read about three:

IATA Travel Pass instigated by IATA to try and gain uniformity for carriers. IATA Travel Pass

The EU to propose a ‘Digital Pass’ for COVID-19 vaccination/test status to help safer travel. The European Commission has said it will present a legislative plan later this month for what it’s calling a “digital green pass” — aka a digital certificate — which it says will be aimed at facilitating cross-border travel in the age of coronavirus.

President Ursula von der Leyen said today that the planned digital tool will aim to provide proof that a person has been vaccinated — but not just that; the “digital green pass” will also display the results of tests, i.e. for those who have been unable to get a vaccine yet, along with information on “COVID-19 recovery”.
This article is from: Tech Crunch

Israel is launching it's own 'Green Pass' but I have not seen any detail on it.