PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost the love for aircraft maintenance, help?
Old 6th Mar 2021, 18:10
theringding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost the love for aircraft maintenance, help?

Hi all I’m after a bit of advice!

I’ve been a A Licensed Mech here in the U.K. for the best part of 10 years now. I work for one of the large airlines on the line at one of the largest airports in the U.K.

For the past couple of years I have been losing the love the aircraft maintenance. From being outside all the time to working long days and nights, I really feel like this isn’t for me anymore. Weirdly, a 9-5 job, sitting at a desk really appeals to me and I’m starting to think that may be the way I want to take my career.

I have completed a couple of B1 exams but don’t have the motivation or interest to continue. City and Cranfield University both do distance learning masters degrees in Air Transport Management/Air Safety Management/Aircraft Maintenance Management, and I’m thinking about enrolling on one of those and eventually enter into the operations/management side of aviation. In the meantime I would hope to move into a technical services/airworthiness type role.

Has anyone else made a similar career move and am I nuts for considering it? I’m miserable where I am now so can’t see myself being a mechanic for much longer!! Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!!