PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2021, 16:55
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another good news story that the usual individuals are desperately trying to turn into a negative. We would all love to know why you pea brained arm chair experts think the Government, who are probably quite busy at the moment, would spend time on freeports if they achieved no results. Last time I checked Singapore, which is smaller than Hampshire, is doing alright. Of course as has long been demonstrated on this thread there is no reasoned debate to be had with people who are just spreading hate as a result of their own deficiencies. The fact that you are belittling the prospect of thousands of jobs creating opportunities for families who are suffering in these awful times must mean that you are truly hateful to the core. I suggest all of you go away any seek help. Mods please take note, there are some frequent offenders here.

On a positive, lets hope this opens up better opportunities for the land on the north east side. Surely land with runway access that benefits from this new status would be wasted on more storage sheds for road hauliers. The new status will also presumably make the Council more confident that investing in the new link road will be money well spent. Meanwhile turning to the cruise industry, which i'm sure the arm chair experts would tell us is even more doomed than aviation, I note that the construction of a fifth cruise terminal is well underway and looks like no expense spared as well. Amazing what you can do with a bit of optimism.