PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you’re going to be daft enough...
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2021, 16:12
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, in this country, our media tend to always find a negative spin on any story they find. Similarly the general public don’t applaud success they loathe and despise it.

This was a totally innocuous trip that usually wouldn’t merit any kind of media attention and not should it have done.

I know the circumstances here and the pilot wasn’t popping in for a butty by helicopter he was genuinely helping someone out . As a helicopter owner myself I do many trips a year helping people out as does the pilot/owner of this heli. Every now and then we pick up unwanted attention despite our intentions being totally innocent and usually very generous in nature .

I also don’t feel as if we have to go around worrying that someone may misconstrue our generally good intentions because they’re bitter enough to want to find fault in what we’re doing.

The amount of times someone says to me ‘don’t do that because of this, and don’t post that photograph here because of that’ infuriates me . No one should have to live their life worried that they’re a target for unjustified criticism.

The owner and pilot of this heli will be mortified at how his very generous and good intentions have been portrayed particularly as the reports are totally out of context - as usual .