PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow before the Europa terminal and Queens building
Old 6th Mar 2021, 10:34
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Leovinus
chevvron mentioned the marshalling kids across active runways. I might have a dark sense of humor, but it did make me wonder what percentage of kids returned in one piece was viewed as a successful outing!
It was adults too, not just kids, however I do wonder how many 'accident's' there actually were having almost been one myself.
I was walking back with my parents, my older brother and sister (both about 10 or 11 years old) were some way ahead. I saw them crossing the taxiway and ran ahead of my parents to follow them, only to be grabbed by a man in an 'airline' style uniform and pulled back out of the way of the DC4 (or it could have been a DC6; at the age of 4 my aircraft recognition abilities had not developed beyond the aircraft operating from RAF Bovingdon near where we lived) which I hadn't seen coming along the taxiway!
What would 'elf an' safety' have to say nowadays about pedestrians in such close proximity to spinning props?