PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow before the Europa terminal and Queens building
Old 6th Mar 2021, 09:49
Leovinus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Here's another view:

The northside terminal is/was directly behind the tail of the Stratocruiser.

Before my time, needless to say, but I can vaguely remember how the Northern Perimeter Road still used to kink around the rear of the buildings in the top left of the photo in the early 70s.
I've got a special fondness for early post-war Britain over-all. And as an aviation nut these are the things that absolutely make my day. Thank you DaveReidUK. Looks like an Elizabethan down on the right of the picture too.

I've come roughly half-way through Robin Highams wonderful book "Speedbird: The Complete History of BOAC". But while it gives very detailed accounts of the management and political wrangling it doesn't, at least not so far, give more than exceptionally brief overviews of the experience of employees throughout BOAC and of the passengers that few with them. An extra human touch if you will. I do love the book however, and would recommend it to most anyone interested in the machinations behind one of the worlds most famous airlines.