PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work Visa renewals
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2021, 08:21
Donblock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I can’t understand, it’s nit I don’t want to, but all this doesn’t add up.

So, I’m employed and have a contract till 60. But my working visa is only for 3 years and is expiring. My company (indecently is the sponsor) assists with the paperwork and we apply (it’s both that are involved) and the application goes to Immigration.
1. I’ve been a good boy, paid my taxes, didn’t get into trouble etc
2. Company sponsors me etc.

result: immigration give me 3months only and subsequently nada!

If something has changed, shouldn’t the immigration dept announce in the interest of the public what they intend to do?

it’s not about CX, UO, HX etc...this impact all of no PR here trying to earn an honest buck.

I understand that companies are in a dilema and want to blame the employee that they’ve failed to maintain a work visa and get fired (cheap solutions). They should really fight for their employees, they should care... it’s not easy to replace anyone in a company. It’s not about being type rated and ready to go, there’s more to it in the interest of safety and the operators culture.

on the other hand, a few guys who are really caught up in this dilema, syndicate and get some good law form together and contest the precedence that’s now become a norm.