PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another year of flying
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2003, 07:39
dmjw01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great thread!

My objectives for 2003 were: to do more French flying, and dabble in a little bit of strip flying. Didn't really achieve the former at all, but with a trip to Hus-Bos and to Woodchurch (Wings n'Things was fantastic!) I sorta made a start with the strip flying.

What I did manage was a C182 checkout - my first wobbly prop. I've also managed to clock up about 70-odd hours of fun and useful experience so far this year - the weather's been really kind to me - which means that I've hit the 200 hour mark. I've also enjoyed meeting some new friends at various fly-ins.

2003 also gave me my first engine failure - fortunately whilst I was still on the ground, but it was a stuck valve so it could have been "interesting" if it had happened during take-off. As a fairly recent entrant into the world of aircraft group ownership, this was also my first "big bill" experience.

Objectives for 2004: Let's see if I can do some proper French flying this year . Also, I have set myself a New Year's resolution: I will get my a*se in gear and file a drawback claim for every foreign flight.