PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet Future
Thread: Vistajet Future
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2021, 11:23
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klimax
The problem with some pilots are that they compare themselves "down" and not "up".
Maybe they are just being realistic? Apart from some lucky niches, working conditions for pilots have generally become worse and worse over the 30 years that I have been in this business. Airlines and general aviation alike. There is not much "up" left to compare oneself with.

Originally Posted by Klimax
I believe the undertaking, let alone the self sponsored training, of a fully qualified pilot requires somewhat more and are somewhat more demanding than that of the German train driver.
AFAIK it takes between two and three years to become a fully qualified train driver here. Paid for by the employer and with a salary while you are being trained. Thereafter you must work your way up from small regional train via night freight to shiny high-speed train. It is not entirely unsimilar to a flying career only that you do not have to pay for anything yourself... I know a guy who started as a medical doctor, later became a pilot with a regional airline and is now a train driver in Switzerland. According to him the best life he's ever had and no way he is going back to one of his previous professions.