PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BT Sport App on Smart TV
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2021, 14:13
netstruggler

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TURIN
OK, hive mind, your assistance is required again.

My Dad's trying to use the BTSport app on his new Samsung smart TV.
Got the app loaded but when he tries to sign in, the screen keyboard has no Caps lock or shift key, which is a bit of a problem as his user ID has upper case letters.
He had a BT technician out today, he too was stumped. He even called his various mates on the job to find a solution.
The work around at the moment is to cast the BTSport from his tablet (which he can sign in on).

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Presumably you've tried entering the user ID as lower case and it doesn't work (password are generally case sensitive, user Id's sometimes are not)?

If your father's user ID is not his email address then he could try using the email address associated with the account as the user id. For a while I could log into my BT account using either my user ID or my email address. I'm not sure if that's still true though. Email addresses are generally all lower case.

I assume that TV has some USB ports. You could try plugging a computer keyboard into one of those. Googling suggests it could work. You'd only need to do it once I assume. Wireless keyboard for smart TV's are also available.

Last edited by netstruggler; 4th Mar 2021 at 14:30. Reason: I had another idea.