PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet Future
Thread: Vistajet Future
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2021, 13:30
Setting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dcoded
Thanks for the information "Setting"
So basically today you have only 2 options, permanent in Malta or Freelance?
No more "local" companies, correct?

Thanks
I never heard of any local companies when I was there and I don't think it has changed since then. The main option is employed by Vistajet Malta. Then depending in which country you live in you have a Malta contract Spanish version, Malta contract german version, Malta contract UK version. There is no difference in T&C for you as an employee. It's for VJ as they have to pay different social tax depending on where you live. No one is forced into a freelancing contract unless you ask for it yourself and to be fair this is a good thing with the employment structure in VJ. Not like many low cost airlines where they force you to set up your own freelancing company.
The best contracts were the Austrian, Italian and Spanish where you hardly pay any tax at all. It makes a very low salary suddenly one of the best around. It's difficult to beat a Vistajet captain take home salary in Austria even with a well paid owners job. That's why some people say the salary is great and others living in north Europa saying it's not so good, where you can't use loopholes in the tax systems.