PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet Future
Thread: Vistajet Future
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2021, 12:48
MostAnnoying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been asking around on LinkedIn and got in to contact with a crew member who flies the Global Fleet:

- the 13 off days fall every month about the same period, however, it is possible to swap with crew
- If your trip is extended, or if you offer to work more, you get extra money and bonuses (bonus is payed the following February)
- Salary could be better, but in return you get a stable working pattern and his opinion is that the company takes good care of you. For the contact I had, it suited him and his personal life perfectly (I interpret it as 'easily adjustable to your life')
- It can be very very long days on the Global, however, fair layover times (2 to 3 days) so you do get your rest.
- Hotels are almost always topnotch
- Flying approximately 600-700 hours a year and approximately 3 to 4 years till command (also depending on your entry hours)
- Tax situation is dependant upon the country where you live and if they have an agreement with Malta
- Catering is mixed; sometimes crewfood, sometimes food that pax did not eat (which is more than sufficient) or take something yourself. Asking around about this; almost all the companies that have a structure like VistaJet do the same.
- The person I was in contact with said as well that commuting is good (outside of Corona) and quite often gets business class
- Money is not bad and per diems included in should be good!

In my opinion the off day system is not the best; but travelling the world (or throughout your continent) having 2 weeks off for me is more than enough and being able to get on the road after being 2 weeks at home is quite nice. I think this lifestyle should suit you. People I know working at major cargo operators are away for 19 days and get 12 days off and loads of minimum rest on their trips. Or, working 5-4 on a predictable roster is good for planning purposes. But, everybody has their own wishes and demands of a company.

My experience of pilots (i am one as well) is that they are 'Most Annoying' people to work with... it is never good; it is never enough money (people my age in "normal" jobs earn less than half sometimes IN WESTERN EUROPE), the hotels are not good enough, the layovers are too short, the layover are too long, the FO/CPT is an asshole/lazy/arrogant, the food is not good, the passengers are cranky, management is not good, management this, management that. If you go to a company, you know what you sign up for. No one ever gets the best of the best, because it does not exist.

People who are aspiring to join VistaJet don't let your motivation be knocked down by someone who does not agree with something; apply for it if you want, experience it yourself and make a decision yourself.

I'd rather regret choosing something, than regretting to not experience it all!

Last edited by MostAnnoying; 4th Mar 2021 at 17:32.