PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 3rd Mar 2021, 19:43
D9009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact Approach and Flying Greek In fact these type ratings by BA and BM carried no guarantee of a job, they were sold as a stand alone with no obligation on either side. One guy I know never managed to get a job with BA even though he'd done the TR with them. BA warned that there was no guarantee of employment before you did the course - they were using it as a lucrative way to occupy the sims and the training department after the Trident crews had all done their conversion courses, if I recall there was a short article in the Log about it.
Most of the people who paid for these TRs were from GA and had 1000s of hours, but the airlines wanted TRs and glass cockpit time.
All I'm pointing out is that this is not the first time that jobs are scarce and Type Ratings are for sale.
All the guys and girls that I personally knew at the time eventually found jobs on jets, but not necessarily with the airline that did the TR.
YankeeZulu It might be an idea to learn a little about the industry you profess to be interested in