PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2021, 04:08
minigundiplomat

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts
The UK records every death within 28 days of a positive COVID test as a COVID death, regardless of whether they died on a ventilator or under a train.

People die, it is the one undisputed fact of life. You can move statistics around, call it excess deaths or anything you like, but none of us are staying around forever, and I am not sure when we, as a society, became so arrogant that we felt natures laws no longer apply to us. The medical profession need to rebalance their view of risk, or hand control back to politicians, but either way people will still die every year.

I know someone who died in a Melbourne care home from COVID, so I dispute neither its existence or virulence; but the individual was late 80's, morbidly obese, with alzheimers and emphysemia. Was the cause of death COVID? or was COVID a contributory factor in the same way that pneumonia is classified?

There is now a Brazilian strain - this sh1t is going to roll on for years. Its time we learned to live with it before the cancelled surgeries, undiagnosed cancers and mental health issues eclipse a virus with a 1.9% mortality rate.