PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2021, 02:37
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
C’mon Daily Mail? Quoting anonymous funeral directors (no formal qualifications needed) and anonymous unqualified family members who don’t want to accept their relations died of Covid for some reason?

We have factual evidence the pandemic is causing more death than usual, and that’s due the much higher excess death figures in every country affected by it. It’s the overwhelmed ICUs now with an increasingly younger cohort, the health staff running out of oxygen, important surgery being cancelled, ambulances told to not transport patients due to full hospitals, frontline health workers describing the conditions are the worst they’ve ever seen, the mass graves, etc

I know a lot of pilots want to believe medical experts are idiots and got it wrong (or are liars in some grand conspiracy). The facts aren’t with you. There is a serious pandemic, measures had to be taken and it caused negative effects to the aviation industry.
​​​​​​

come on, dismissing something solely because you don’t like the source.

so did this happen or not. I guess not simply because it was reported in the Daily Mail.

Layla Moran, the Liberal Democrat MP who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on coronavirus, said: ‘The Government should call a public inquiry into the handling of the pandemic immediately with an interim investigation into all Covid deaths that should report as soon as possible

did this happen. I guess not solely because it was reported in the Daily Mail. Notice the quotes in both extracts.

Tory MP Paul Bristow, a member of the Commons health committee, said: ‘It’s almost certain that a number of deaths have been wrongly attributed to Covid-19.

‘Not only has this skewed figures when data has been so important in deciding how we respond to the pandemic, it has caused distress and anxiety for relatives.

‘Whether we have received the most appropriate figures should definitely be considered in any future inquiry

Did Clare really say this. Obviously not as it was reported in the Daily Mail.

Professor Clare Gerada, former chairman of the Royal College of GPs, said: ‘When this all comes out in the wash, we will find out we have over-recorded Covid-19 as a cause of death.’

we get it you don’t like the Daily Mail and therefore EVERYTHING reported in it is completely false. As I said in my previous post, the amount of over reporting may be a little or maybe a lot but what is certain is that it appears there has been some.... despite your ridiculous dismissal of the article.

Last edited by Foxxster; 2nd Mar 2021 at 03:09.