PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2021, 15:47
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just adding my twopence. It appears to me that in a couple of years there may well be a lack of pilots. Based upon the thoughts that our illustrious science people along with profit seeking drug companies will have a stranglehold on this virus. Given that thought along with credible thoughts that there will be the natural loss of pilots from age and other considerations. Now are the training outfits operating to fill the usual conveyor belt of new pilots at a level to just cover the natural loss elements. I don't think so. When will they get back up to steam. Hmmm, will some outfits be still in business after this episode of disruption?

So with a sort of overview, shorthaul will recover quicker, I think we can all agree on that, and with a Mr O Leary looking to take advantage, just based upon his modus of operations, if I were looking at a starting a career in aviation Ryanair would be very high on my list, in fact it would most likely the only one I would dream of serious consideration. Just to comment on a few posts throwing in the thoughts that Ryanair are looking to add to their revenue stream by recruiting cadets to make a profit from the fees required is tantamount to gross stupidity. No furtheR comments required as if common sense doesn't indicate that then don't wish to engage.

My advice for a student aspiring to become one of us, then if the financial strains can be tolerated then it is acceptable pathway.

The world is changing and the posts condemning the TR cost with no guarantees need to wise up. You get nowt for nowt these days. No one owes you a living, never mind the joy that flying can provide to dedication to our industry that permeates through and dissolves the negative haters of our business, some love and enjoy.

People spend a third of their life sleeping, a third working, and a third at other things. I know spending a third of my life working in an environment I love is my hearts desire. Sleep, of course is required for the body.

the other third, about 0.000001% on this forum. But it's worthwhile just to try and help another by posting truth. Advice, no, I recall my late dads advice, when I was in my teens, never took it, but that's for another time and place.

Good luck to all new candidates aspiring to join us in the air.