PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMNI aviation philippines
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2021, 23:42
Aerojoe15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Masba
Are you aware of the MASSIVE amount of filipino qualified pilots jobless? PAL, AirAsia and Cebu have fired more than a thousand pilots, all rated and experienced in all fleets, more to come due to the poor Government management of the COVID. Most filipino pilots wont be accepted out of the Philippines, either due to the low standards, the Class I medical or just because several countries will not accept a CAAP license except maybe Bamboo and couple more.

Don’t waste your time and money in getting a CAAP license, or at least wait 5-10 years until all the qualified jobless pilots are either retired or re-accepted in their airlines.
Yes, I'm aware of the current situation but I think that shouldn't stop us from doing what we love. Personally, I don't mind waiting in the line to get my chance and while Im patiently waiting. I'll just build up experience so when the time comes, I'm ready.

With that being said. Do you guys have any idea about this ACTP program OMNI offers? And if OMNI is still one of the best flight schools here in the Philippines? I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.