PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name that Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2021, 09:12
Asturias56

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts
A rule introduced by the Mods (god Bless them all!) after some of the "what..." threads were taken over by people who just posted non-stop and got fired up when they had to wait for an answer. Don't bother arguing - they mean it and people have been suspended or banned

the rules are :-Wait 24 hours to confirm!

as Senior Pilot said (What Cockpit post # 1350 07/01/20) "Quite simply, you can post and discuss to your heart's content from the moment a challenge appears, but the declaration of a winner will not occur until 24 hours has elapsed. This applies to all three competition threads: a reference Wiki also covers the airfield thread.I would emphasise that all threads should respect that this is the Aviation History & Nostalgia forum with an expectation of historic images and/or subjects please."

So , in the case above, I have to wait 24 hours after someone gets the correct answer before I as OP can confirm - then it is open for a new challenge

19th Feb 2020

If you think that we're going back to dooks, evansb and a few others having parlour games: it's not going to happen. Until you recognise this is an International Forum and refrain from the pretence of not understanding a very simple rule whereby a winner is not named until 24 hours after the original post, then this and all spotters threads will be under the 24 hour rule. This includes the resurrected Silhouette thread.