PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 27th Feb 2021, 11:09
Perseas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyHigh737

At 2017 there was a great demand worldwide for pilots. Everyone was hiring not only ryanair. Now everyone is firing. If you sum all the money you are going to spend on that interview I assume it's not less than 1000 euros (air tickets, hotels, bus or taxi, food etc) + 350 euros fee. Personally, I did my advanced uprt course at 550 euros and my MCC (in an A320) at 2500 euros. This is some experience that is still valid today. Ryanair's cadet program is a form of "pool" for the near or vast future. No job is expected until industry recovers. Of course a candidate must meet some criteria therefore some of them may be rejected but still this does not indicate that you'll be employed. As I said again, ryanair has not yet called back the freshly rated pilots who were dismissed a year ago. What makes you think that Ryanair needs any cadet? Just for the 30k? Sure they need that but just because they want or need your 30k it doesn't mean that they'll need you as well after the course.
At the moment experienced pilots face strong difficulties to get a job. It's quite ridiculous to think that you can compete with them.Keep your money safe for a type rating in the future that may well provide you with an actual job. Ryanair at the moment is selling a dream that will turn into a nightmare once you have completed the course. Not only they won't provide you with a job offer but also you are going to be resposible to revalidate your 737 rating on your own (1000-2000 euros per year). In conclusion, thanks but no thanks. Much better is to do an FI rating and start flying right away.