PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the best route to be a commercial airline pilot?
Old 12th Dec 2003, 00:54
winch launch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
degree does also = backup plan. But what is the use of a backup plan if you know that in your heart all you want to do is fly?
you are totally right, and i can tell u that if i had to choose between being a glider instructor, and an engineer, i would choose the flying. So i didn t go to uni for a backup plan, i just thought that i would be more attractive to airlines with a degree. But I am seriously starting to wonder if I am wrong or not. Yes, I think that i seriously benefit a lot from those 2 years at bristol uni, and i think my course certainly tought me a lot on airplanes, their flight mechanics, and i even have an airline business and operation lecture every week. But now, it s getting more and more technical, and i am not sure that knowing the different microstructures in a beam according to the rate of cooling, won t really help me to fly a plane. I think that if i get that stuppid master(or bachelor), it will be a good achievement but at the end of the day, i am a flying man, and I wasn t made to sit on a desk to do things that i hate and find boring(which is what s happening right now). Yes if u are reading this, you must have noticed that i am totally lost, and any advices would be welcome. I am actually thinking about dropping my course now, raising money for 7 month, and try any kind of sponsorship i can, and if it doesn t work, i ll just start my training. Also stick, I am already ignoring aerodynamics lectures, as well as many others!

winch