PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Losses
Thread: QF Losses
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2021, 20:35
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by empacher48
Since I’ve been grounded through this, I’ve taken it upon myself to up-skill in the business world.. Funny thing, when the economy tanks, it’s usually not the Finance or Accounting department that get stood down..

But one thing I’ve learned is that profit and loss statements are just for the paying of tax. Minimise the profits, make large losses and you can carry those tax credits on for as long as you can. It means you don’t have to pay as much tax during the great turn around. If you’re going to record a loss, make it as big as you can get away with. Profit and loss does nothing to the share price and the value of the company.

The cash flows are what adds the value, if you don’t have the cash to pay a dividend, watch your share price fall faster than a brick, taking the value of the company with it. Keep a positive cash flow during the worst crisis the industry and the share price will at least remain stable and then head for the skies at the end.

No matter what you think of Joyce, he’s doing a good job making sure the QF group is around for a long time and do what it’s main job is. Returning appropriate wealth to its shareholders.
sorry, what you have written is complete garbage.

have you checked the consolidated cash flow statement of Qantas for this year. -861 million from operations, -514 million from investing, +468 million from financing. That was due to increased debt.

and returning appropriate wealth to shareholders. Thanks for the laugh.

reading your post again, perhaps it was satire.. I hope so.