PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some truth about the ML incident
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2003, 23:30
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TBT

No it is not the best I can come up with
I'd suggest it is, otherwise you would've 'come up with it' by now.

Don't know much about the CB thing you are talking about (as I'm not there ATM), except that it points out a glaring difference in attitudes between professionals and amateurs. TCAS used to be a last gasp arse-saver. Now, it seems, it is just another daily ho-hum. Except for airline pilots who have to react within 5 seconds (or it may well be their arse ).Wander out to a flying school and ask I assume you are implying that since NAS, flying schools have had a drop-off in business? I'd suggest that if that's the case, blame NAS! The death of GA has been a long and painful one, which IMHO has more to do with the charging system than the airspace system . You may have noticed the turmoil in the professional pilot community lately (LCCs, locked doors, loss of T&C etc). The job simply doesn't have the appeal it once had. How many pilots would recommend it to their kids? Granted, it's a sad state of affairs, but why aren't AOPA, Dick, the minister etc putting the effort into actually promoting aviation, that they are putting into NAS? PPLLLEEEAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE don't try and tell me it's because NAS will revitalise GA! In oz, aviation is treated as a revenue source for the govt. It's not in the US. That's the big difference .