PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Round 2 layoffs in February or March
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2021, 14:14
Piet Lood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STW, with your logic even Mother Theresa is a selfish person, because all her sacrifice and good deeds were done because she would have felt worse had she not performed those deeds or sacrificed her life.
What a selfish she was.
I don’t disagree with that premise (and we find the likes of Christopher Hitchens on our side), but then what’s the point of arguing about selfishness?

I like to look a little further and call out the G day workers, training ban breakers, selfish managers.
Used to have a front row seat to all the excuses about why people were special and they simply HAD TO pick up their phone, because their dog ate their homework.

Now, STW, back to the original premise that I have accused the GENERAL pilot population of being selfish. Granted: my opinion might have been a little skewed since I dealt with many of the violators of cc/tb, but you’re right: I made a generalisation of the pilot population.
You have proven time and again that you are only out for yourself and voted for or against TA’s accordingly, as is your right.
”Fortunately” the likes of you have found yourself in the minority and like a certain ex-president, have left no opportunity unused to point out the stupidity of the majority and that it should have really been YOUR side that should have been in majority.

You have provided much proof of your selfishness and have even admitted that you are not really interested in the long term effects of your votes, behaviour and opinions, as long as your portfolio of real estate is not negatively affected.
If you want to read that proof again, you can go back into pprune history and look at our many collisions.

The question remains however, why you thought it necessary to single me out and SPECIFICALLY name me as a selfish person.
You must have proof to make such a statement and I, for one, would love to hear it, so I can better my ways and make people like you proud of yourselves for making the world a better place.