PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2021, 08:49
McLimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not seen them for over a year now. If the plan is to never have any cases even when the vaccine is rolled out, the borders will have to remain shut forever and I am unlikley to see them ever again.
I don't think I'd call myself a proud Australian, mainly because I'm not nationalistic, jingoistic or boganistic. But what I can say is I've never been more embarrassed or ashamed of being Australian. What you are seeing is a bunch of ninnies taking control of the narrative, it's downright xenophobic. To listen and read the interstate rivalry is pathetic and it's now extended to keeping you 'foreigners' out. This despite Australia becoming one of the most diverse nations on the earth.

But, what we'll do is make sure the people who've made this nation their new home can't see family and friends and not allow Australians with family overseas to see theirs, Haven't seen my daughter for 18 months now, add probably another year to that. Whomever asked the question, how many times did you see them prior to covid? I made 6 monthly trips to see her. Whomever you are that 'hasn't seen more of their family since covid started'........on zoom and skype? You're serious are you? Zoom satisfies your need to embrace your loved ones? That's a bit strange to me, sorry.

spy v spy: xenophobia, it stinks and is disgraceful.

Last edited by McLimit; 24th Feb 2021 at 09:21.