PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Concorde video
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2003, 22:38
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard from the 'friend of a friend of a friend' who hosts my link, and been in contact with paulo about his link. The short answer to the download speed (or lack of speed) problem is: Volume of traffic.
There are links on two Pprune forums and each server is averaging 500 downloads per day!
High volume of traffic + large file = slower downloads.

Some periods are obviously busier than others but, apart from the frustration of having to wait a little longer to watch a superb video, it doesn't really matter. Let the computer get on with downloading while you do something else. Dial-up connections can be set to close when a download is complete.

Engine overtemp
I'm afraid no-one can explain your 5 hours.

Atrixo
I thought I'd escaped Ppruners finding out until I saw your post when I logged on today! Yes, I have to confess, it was me.
It's a small world. Jock Lowe (who'll be well-known to many BA Ppruners) rang within minutes of the programme being broadcast, and he was the first of many. In contrast to Jock's charm, most of my other friends pulled my leg mercilessly.
'Judge Recorder'
Kilroy got it slightly wrong. Recorders have the same powers as a permanent judge, but are part-time. Cases may be heard before 'His Honour Judge Bloggs' or a 'Mr. Recorder Bloggs'. I used to know the origin of the historic title 'Recorder', but I've forgotten.
NB Having explained, I'd really appreciate it if there are no questions or responses by anyone. I don't mind answering questions on Pprune about my role as a barrister, but I can't become involved in discussions about the Recorder aspect.
Hope everyone understands.

Tudor Owen

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 12th Dec 2003 at 00:55.