PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So if you have transferred to an EU state Part 66, you can also have a UK one
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 22:12
Non Linear Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK
No, in my eyes this is the problem. No agreement or annex in place yet to allow UK to EASA 66 transfer post 1st Jan 2021 (Brexit) and look a long way off at this point in time. UK CAA have established EASA 66 to UK CAA conversion. Whether or not this is a political move to show good will in the hope EASA will reciprocate, who knows? but EASA / EU are playing hard ball over lots of UK aviation agreements, plus the high amount of fees that will come flooding in will be much to the CAAs delight, its just a shame the can't put the fees to good use and up their levels of service. (Yes, I am putting the boot into the CAAs customer service at any point, their website is poor too)

Another scenario, UK Licence holder now takes all EASA 66 module exams and applies for the licence in the EASA country / NAA of choice and has the correctly documented experience. There should be no reason he/she could not hold both otherwise this would contradict the above.

But both scenarios, leave the UK Licence holder at disadvantage to thier EASA counterparts.
I screwed up, not doing so. I can still certify my types on G but not EASA. Then again anyone that thought leaving EASA would be good for the UK industry needed their head examining. I think the FT has a good article by Loganairs CEO on the damage done to life saving charter work by the mess of the 1st of January. We burned bridges, not the other way around. We reap what we sowed.