PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United B777 engine failure
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 21:49
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amidst many entries here (and other subject areas ongoing) this SLF/atty has noticed some references to the NTSB incident report about the 2018 incident of the same or substantially similar nature appear to base inferences, or innuendo, on the fact that nothing actually was changed after that incident, that is to say, after the pertinent report was published.

While not having read the full docket of items in the 2018 Board record, one item which has been noted is that the inspection process left a number of things to be desired. (To avoid misstating these, I'm not summarizing the findings of the report here.)

What became of those findings, in context of initiatives to dig deeper into the gaps or evident traps for the unwary, in the inspection area? Just one example: attributing apparent findings to the coating or paint used to facilitate the inspection process (if I understood correctly). That gap having been noted by NTSB, what became of any action steps? Or less non-cynically, were there any action steps?

(Somewhat related, as a member of the traveling-by-air public, to be told that Denver to Honolulu doesn't quite definitely fall within ETOPS, I dunno, I'd have to ask some dumb, non-aviator questions.)