PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Feb 2021, 22:31
glenb

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
The APTA Agreement- What APTA was.

To anyone following this story n detail, I have included a copy of the full contract that APTA used. Whilst the legal component may not be of interest to many, the other components i.e. the intent of APTA and other details will be integral in my argument going forward. I suggest reading from point 35 onwards if the legal aspect is of no interest.

CASAs' initial argument was that the structure was not lawful. Once the Ombudsman found otherwise, it would be expected that CASA would have to change their line of attack, as they have. Its now very much about operational control.

To say I relish the opportunity ahead would be an understatement. CASA is now drawn out to battle me on the topic of "operational control". This will allow a comparative assessment of the 350 flight training organizations "operational control". The assumption being that CASA deemed mine to be the worst in Australia, or they would have gone after another Organisation such as SOAR.

SOAR being Victoria's largest flight training provider, that recently went into liquidation with Box Hill Institute tied into the fiasco. Had CASA moved their concerns about Operational control about 500 metres away from APTA, there may have been a different outcome i.e. less aircraft accidents.

Feedback suggests to me that the matter of SOAR and BHI will be very much about the operational control of the Authorisation Holder over the operations being conducted.

Anyway a read of the attached document once approved will provide an exceptional overview of what APTA was about, and "operational control".

CASA. Its all about "intent"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
APTA Agreement Version 14.0.pdf (340.3 KB, 11 views)