PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Queen's Jubilee 2022
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2021, 18:19
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11
Apologies for ruffling your feathers. My post was (I had hoped) obviously focused on non-operational medals. The proposition for "medals for everyone" is indeed traditional, with Coronation and Jubilee medals dating back to the reign of Queen Victoria. I was just observing that my wife and I managed a joint 55 years RAF service without being eligible for any of them!

I am of course well aware of what has been happening in the last 4 decades, where numerous friends and acquaintances have been intimately involved in conflicts ... from Op Corporate onwards. To my regret I was never given the opportunity to be involved in-theatre, unlike my antecedents.
Originally Posted by MPN11
We risk a closed Thread when we stray into Republicanism and alternative forms of misgovernment.

It would be really nice if we avoid such deviations.
Thoroughly agree on both fronts. It's possible that Laarbruch amongst others may have overlooked the extent to which the Cold War warriors set the standards and trained those who followed them, and MPN11 has also let Heights Good off a lot more easily than I would have done.

Jack