PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing Flaps request
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2021, 17:47
BraceBrace

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
vilas

Again, you haven't read my post so what is the point of this discussion?

The gear limit always has to be checked before lowering/raising the gear every single time. If you train people to the standard "you don't need to check", I close my books and leave this discussion. If you read my post, it explains raising the gear after having descended with 250kts. There is a speed limit.

Your crash story: I don't understand your reasoning. Yes you have to adhere to the SOP. But you do realise the "no crash, no problem" idea?The underlying training issue here is still there: no APFD behaviour monitoring for whatever reason, not monitoring of the actual outcome. Any crash comes with SOP changes AND training. The SOP in itself is not the full cause, a change in SOP not the full cure and not the full protection. SOPs are a tool with different goals (crm is part of it yes), Autopilots are a tool, Flight Director is a tool, and all those tools help to reach a safe goal. But if you notice that goal is not being achieved, you act. SOPs are not bulletproof.

The supplementary procedure on a Boeing, where HDG SEL shows the exact same behaviour as on the Airbus, is to rotate the heading bug, then select HDG SEL. But it also says "VERIFY FMA". And then you verify the AP action. And it does not do what you want it to do? You disconnect and turn in manual flight. All Boeing procedure written down in the manuals. There is not a single SOP violation in this full paragraph for a system that functions identical.

Anyway, I'm out.

Last edited by BraceBrace; 21st Feb 2021 at 08:48.