PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 19th Feb 2021, 17:37
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the major problems of becoming an ex-patriate pilot in an environment such as Dubai automatically ensures that you care little for nothing else but one’s own lifestyle and bank balance.

i’m not naive and I know that the average travelling public are not going to give a damn about the political environment and human rights abuses and corruption that happens in the Gulf states. My comment regarding the fact that the Emirate of Dubai might not need its own airline soon was a little bit tongue in cheek. It was , however, a direct quote from one of the news sources.

I would have far more respect towards the previous posters if they had acknowledged that issues exist and discuss them in an open manner, rather than becoming part of the problem itself.

How many long time as have witnessed abuses against women in the Gulf states? Ranging from minor to extremely major? Maybe this needs a new thread all of its own, but I know that it would get shut down very quickly.