PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2021, 09:16
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Construction update

I have been messaged to do another construction update so for those people this is for you and thanks for your support. Note not all of these photos are mine with some coming from a source at the airport.

The opening date for the Dart has been put back until 2022 meaning the build will take 4 years to complete.

Foundations are going in for the missing section of the Dart station at Parkway. This will increase the building by a third.

So with the missing section of building now under construction, that will connect to the passenger footbridge over the railway tracks, what is this walkway for seeing they now have a year to finish the building?

The view from the trackbed from Parkway. Note the track is protected by glass walls and sliding doors

View from the top of the bridge ski slope with the approach lights crossing the track. I am surprised this obstacle was allowed to be built so close to the approach. Anyone remember when a Dan-Air 727 took out the approach lights and ILS at this end of the runway? It will eventually be backlit in blue LED lighting to make it pretty at night.

The actual ski slope structure is covered in scaffolding and has been for weeks. The road from the airport has been closed since the scaffolding went up. The cars on the left are parked up.

Heading towards the terminal

Under the taxiway. Note the cable in place which seems a bit thin so maybe it isn't the final version.

Terminal station from the trackbed. The yellow ceiling can be seen under construction with one of the escalators seen on the right

Last edited by LTNman; 19th Feb 2021 at 10:25.