PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Linton on Ouse : The end of an era
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2021, 21:19
Mach2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by staircase
Oh the horror of 'F' troop on 3 Squadron, Linton in that summer '75. I praise the lord that I never had to instruct with that lot, although a few of us still got our overseas student. It was soul destroying trying to teach people to fly who had, it must be said, no aptitude at all, in fact some of them could not even ride bikes.

I seem to remember one SDO being woken in the middle of the night by a 'lady' from Leeds, saying that 3 of them had 'had' her, and now they were refusing to pay and that what was he going to do about it.

That said the 2 years that I spent there instructing were some of the best of my career, but that may have had more to do with the weather and the proximity of York!
I was on that dreaded 'F' Flight at the time! we got a total of 17 F&C students in one go, and after lots of extra hours and reflys we eventually graduated 3 of them! Afterwards we got 4 UK students who had been off flying for sickness or injury who only had to complete their Gp 1 Phase1 training - the fun bit with lots of low-level nav, formation and aerobatics