PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dassault Falcon 900EX crash, San Diego
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2021, 18:46
capngrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sprite1
As I mentioned previously, you can see what looks like elevators deflect upwards just as it passes abeam the videographer that’s standing on the apron to the south of the runway and then the thrust reduces.
Yes I agree and, if we are looking at the same video (the one linked below), I had the below comments in another Forum (Kathryn's).

https://jetcareers.com/forums/thread.../#post-3044662

Notice that at 0:17 of the video, upward deflection of the elevators is not apparent; however, upward deflection is apparent starting at 0:18 in the video. I'm not expert on the Falcon 900EX, but in my recent reading, I've found information to the effect that the 900EX is pretty sensitive to improper takeoff stabilizer trim. Whether or not it was a factor in this crash, remains to be seen.

Another contributor ("Anonymous") to the Kathryn's discussion thread was able to blow up a frame in this video that showed the setting of the elevator trim relative to the painted marks on the vertical stabilizer Here's a copy of his post, including the link:

"Here is the CBS 8 video link, screen grab it at 29 seconds on 1080p and take into a photo editor":

The trim setting is exactly as that shown on page 13 of the Dassault Falcon 900EX Easy Systems Summary Manual (see B2N2's post above for the link to the manual). In light of 7XDriver's remarks above, that may not have been sufficient nose up elevator trim.

Cheers,
Grog