PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYT Results
Thread: MYT Results
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2003, 17:37
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Newscatcher

A4 was on the money regarding my point of view! The UK press love bad press and can and have made matters worse for companies in our position.

Yes our troubles are down to the poor performance of the Directors, but the press are not a responsible body they print stories that sell papers and to hell with the truth or consequences on many occasions.

Frankly the British press is a disgrace. I am not just referring to MYT but many issues. How many individuals have been put on trial by the press and found guilty at the whim of some hack reporter only to be cleared by the courts having been put through hell?

Newscatcher the press have enormous power they can make and brake companies and individuals. Much of that power is in the hands of people with very little integrity.

Sorry I have drifted off subject but I feel very strongly about the state of the UK press and it’s low standards of reporting.

Out of interest MYT have around 56 aircraft not all of them Airbus. Easyjet are getting 120 aircraft over the next few years, they will need a lot more pilots than currently employed by MYT. Many MYT pilots may well want take jobs with other operators.