PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 17th Feb 2021, 22:35
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The Foss,

I hear what you are saying and respect your position. However one has to take human nature into account. Flying can be a such an overwhelming passion for many, they can easily remove the financial aspect required due to their desire to fly a jet aircraft.
They also could have the thought that a large financial hurdle for many will aid them in their pursuit of becoming a pilot as there will be a massive reduction in take ups of such a contract. It works in their favour, of course only if they aren't financially compromised.
They could also feel like they could get a jump due to the expected return to normality and the continued expansion in SLF in the near future.
It is really boils down to market forces. If Ryanair don't get the numbers they expect, then they will adjust, just as businesses do address market forces.

I am not in favour of any actions by companies , individuals, or whoever to reduce our terms and conditions in anyway but I am realistic that understand that the less pilots in the marketplace can mean better terms for us.
Call me selfish, of course there is that thought, but also recognise that we need new blood in our industry which hopefully will expand as this present situation abates.