PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 17th Feb 2021, 17:57
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I do not see any connection of UK aviation and Ryanair.

Its fairly obvious that Ryanair are an entity entirely different to other operators. They have fuelled their expansion and profitability by utilising a cadet conveyor based pilot supply. We all, or should, know that they train their guys in a way which suits them and need to maintain this supply chain in order to maintain their expansionist policies.

Again we all know that Ryanair has a loss of trained and reasonably experienced pilots due to more lucrative positions becoming available. This present situation is not of anyone's making but the present conveyor of cadets was disrupted as were flight and passenger loads and so with a future which is more difficult to figure the management of Ryanair are running a recruitment policy which many believe is a revenue scam. My own belief is that is so far from reality it's crazy. The revenue from cadet front payments doesn't scratch the surface of Ryanair. Give me a break just do the maths.

As normal the guys at Ryan are judicious in the appraisal of the marketplace and are running a business as it should be. I along with many long in the tooth pilots see exactly the what they are doing.

No risk business, just like their philosophy, no risk flying, solid and immovable SOP's with good training levels. Say what you want about Ryanair guys, sone may like them but they are trained in a way which is conducive to safe flying, limited maybe, but no the less solid guys.

My own view of pilot shortages is we have many UK licenced guys about but any shortages will be in the EASA scene. They idea of positions in China, India etc aren't for new guys but for very experienced crew.

Of course it's a gamble to be paying for a TR without any guarantees is a risk, would I take it now, not so sure.

Don't want to put anyone off going for it but just as long as they give it a serious amount is consideration before one jumps on to the conveyor.