PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing Flaps request
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2021, 06:21
BraceBrace

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
This channel is used by some pilots just express their disgruntlement to procedures.
I guess you are referring to me as well, but I guess you are biased. People who know me know I love manuals, former engineer, and VERY keen on procedures. The interesting thing in the training I do is that in 90% of "conversion" training, procedures pop up from everywhere. From other companies, and from inside the company (captain, LTC/TRI and even the safety FO on the jumpseat). The big problem of the ’fear’ in aviation is that there is no distinction between good practices and procedures.

We all function differently, and it is extremely important to look at ourselves. Good practices are there to help you in area's where you stugge. Some People ie like mnemonics. That is a good thing if it helps YOU. But they are not SOP. And making them an SOP for everybody is the creation of workload for People who don’t need it.

As for the speed checked... show me the correct Airbus manual where it is a CALLOUT and not a silent monitor action. Same for Boeing. It is NOT a callout, it is silent monitoring.

To get back OT, my presumption was it is a b737 because after LG F15, there is a follow up with silent monitoring of speeds for F25 and further, and a landing checklist call to close the deal. We don’t "up to the flaps" because history has shown blablabla. Let’s learn.