PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2021, 01:40
AirUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand once bitten, twice shy - but I think it’s rather unfair to tar them all with the same brush and a shame you don’t seem to want to show any support for the industry for which you clearly take an interest in (causing you to frequent this forum for many a year) and for which you presumably hope will still be in existence to take you on your holidays in the future.

Whilst some companies more than others may have been more awkward when it came to dealing with applications for refunds last year, don’t forget that they all had to deal with millions of enquiries and refund transactions at a time when all call centres were effectively closed down and staff had to work from home, with booking systems that were not necessarily designed to be accessed remotely from a personal computer and personal telephone lines not previously integrated into the company networks. I’d say that like all of us, they’ve had a lot to learn and get used to in the past year, but I believe that even those companies that were being awkward last time around wouldn’t risk their reputations a second time if restrictions meant that travel plans had to be postponed or cancelled again this year.

Most now provide a COVID-safe booking policy for peace of mind and obviously if you book a package and then the worst happens, you’ll be ATOL protected.