PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N72EX (Kobe Bryant) Crash Update-
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2021, 22:51
airplanecrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wrench1
I'll defer to your local knowledge, but there were several discussions/documents during the initial part of the investigation that did show a contractual agreement with Euro Safety for training. How those discussions turned out I do not know. If I find the documents I'll post them.
Not to insert myself into your debate, but I recalled this section of the "OPERATIONAL FACTORS/HUMAN PERFORMANCE" report https://data.ntsb.gov/Docket/Documen...eport-Rel.pdf:

"2.5.4 Additional ground and flight training
According to the director of operations, Island Express contracted with EuroSafety International (EuroSafety) to provide ground and flight training along with flight examinations for the company pilots to prepare for annual FAA proficiency checks. This training was not a part of Island Express’s FAA-approved training program. EuroSafety used company helicopters for the flight training and examinations. According to the EuroSafety S-76 flight instructor, EuroSafety offered an S-76 refresher program that consisted of 2 to 3 days ground training and 2 to 3 flights, depending on the experience of the pilots. EuroSafety did not use an S-76 simulator for training or evaluations. The flight instructor stated that he provided ground training and flight training on inadvertent instrument meteorological conditions (IIMC) avoidance and recovery, to prepare the pilot for FAA check rides that may include those evaluations. A review of Island Express training records revealed the accident pilot’s last EuroSafety training and evaluation occurred on May 8, 2019."