PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name that Flying Machine
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2021, 21:25
meleagertoo

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Well, I talked my way out of that one then! It was American Aeronautical Corporation after all, and clearly not the SM80 as I implied. Not that this would have helped as searches for this corporation reveal other licence built Marchettis but no mention of this one. Certainly a big Marchetti connection that I missed but the vital connection nowhere to be found!

Astonishingly - SLB you devious person! - it is the now all-too familiar Savoia Marchetti SM 62 of which I found no photo on the internet with an enclosed cockpit hence my rejecting it repeatedly despite returning to it many times. Cunning stuff!

I only found it by entering the registration. I-BBBY

Only found the AAC connection with this aircraft by searchng for American Aeronautic Corp. - search for AA 'Corporation' raises no link and even that doesn't connect unless S62 is appended too! That is the only link connecting the type and the AAC hat I have found and even then the silhouette provided shows an open cockpit!

ps. Subsequently just found a rather fuzzy pic of one in this configuration. Oh well!

I'm not claiming this one as it took a registration to reveal it!

In any case I have no challenge to offer.

Nice one! Keep them coming.

Last edited by meleagertoo; 16th Feb 2021 at 21:47.