PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N72EX (Kobe Bryant) Crash Update-
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2021, 19:16
JimEli

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wrench1
And? Don’t quite follow where you’re going with this. Are you saying the FAA missed the inclusion of IIMC procedures in Islands Training manual over a 14 year period and as such Ara didn’t have the proper IIMC training which caused the accident?

Keep in mind, IIMC training wasn't required until a few years after the Island Training Manual was approved and they used a Part 142 provider for most of their required training in that same time frame. But as I mentioned earlier, this has been discussed by the investigators and when the IIMC procedure was found missing in the Island manual (not the Part 142 manual) Island revised their manual to correct the error.
No. I'm saying the FAA POI was tasked w/i 60 days of 9/22/17, to "conduct a focused review of the helicopter training and qualification programs for their assigned certificate holders to identify whether the programs include the required training and testing on procedures for aircraft handling in flat-light, whiteout, and brownout conditions and training and checking on recovery from IIMC." It is doubtful this was accomplished, because we know they didn't discover the missing procedures until after the accident.