PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA SEP revalidation by exp. microlights
Old 16th Feb 2021, 17:27
Forfoxake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
The LAPL does not expire. The experience requirement is a rolling assessment. The minimum of 1 hour training with an instructor is a total. This total is to be completed within the 24 month period before flying. There is no set date. So prior to flight you must look back to check whether you comply with each requirement. You can avoid all this by undertaking a flight with an examiner.

There is a lot that can happen between now and the end of March. All we can do is hold our breath. At the moment 'private flight' is not allowed. Expect little from the CAA on the LAPL, other national Licenses and the private grade medicals until there is a government announcement relaxing things. Now that the UK LAPL is a wholly UK licence restricted to UK airspace perhaps they may allow the use of a Medical Declaration. The same as the national PPL and the NPPL. They will have to do something with the massive backlog of Class 2 and LAPL medicals accruing. Note: the medical expiry date is the last day of the month.
I thought I knew where I was after reading this on SkyWise:

"Pilot Medical Declarations: Clarification

Following a rapid review we can today confirm that the less than 2,000kg aircraft category, with its reduced list of disqualifying conditions within a Pilot Medical Declaration (PMD), is still an option for national pilot licence holders (subject to the specified operational conditions). Existing PMDs remain valid for the type of licence(s) and aircraft weight limits specified at the time of a declaration.

Earlier this year, in seeking to resolve a longstanding difference between the advice and options for PMDs offered on our website, and the requirements of the Air Navigation Order (ANO), we aligned our website text and online form to that in the ANO. In hindsight we can see this has caused a lot of confusion and we would like to apologise for this. We have updated our website and are in the process of updating the relevant form. We will also be taking steps to regularise this situation for the benefit of those who use PMD in the GA community by issuing a formal exemption which we will keep under review, as we do with all exemptions.

SW2021/27"

However, having read what FlyingFrog has written and the CAA website, I am now unsure.

Can I continue to fly a UK-registered permit aircraft (non-part 21) in the UK with a UK issued LAPL until my current PMD (for up to 2000kg only) expires at age 70?