PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills test
Thread: Skills test
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2021, 17:01
BertieC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skills test

Does anyone know where I can find a step by step guide to the planning section for the skills test? I've got all the docs from the CAA etc and know what I need to do in outline but is there a definitive "fool's guide" eg step1, step 2, step3...etc down to the finest details.

So, for instance, as well as checking TAFFS, METARS, MET Office website, are there any other sources of weather info I should check. I did read an account that someone had written of their entire Skills Test in an R22 down to the n'th level of granularity.

I wish I had kept a copy but seem to have lost it in a house move - as I just want to make sure I don't miss anything else. This might also be a stupid question but does everyone do fuel planning on an R22 at 10 gallons/hour or is there a graph which shows gallons/hour at different KIAS. I would ask my instructor but I'm between schools at the moment as I had to move to a different part of the country. Sorry is this seems basic and if it's been asked/answered many times. before. If so then please just point me to the post/thread. Cheers.