PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N72EX (Kobe Bryant) Crash Update-
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2021, 13:28
JimEli

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wrench1
FYI: This issue was discussed during the preliminary investigation stages. Island outsourced their 135 training who provided the required 135 IIMC, etc training procedures and records. As I recall the main issue was that the procedures used had to be also listed in the Island training as well which they revised in March after it was brought up during the investigation. Also keep in mind, Island passed a number of audits to include Chevron where no training short comings were noted. I can't readily find the document that discussed this March revision but it is out there.
In the docket interview with the FAA POI, he characterized the contract training as not part of the operator’s approved training program, stating, “it was never something where, you know, I either approved, accepted, or required it, or, you know, anything to that effect.”
And I would suggest rereading the interview with the FAA POI. Especially when they get to the part about the missing procedures. You know, the point where his appointed representation cuts in to clarify things....